Is this what it sounds like when doves cry? A true artist who changed the face of music: brilliant story teller…wild chance taker -refused to worrying about what “others” thought- His music was great because he did as he pleased… did not compromise to “fit-in” he became iconic because he was genius and adored for his charming frenzy & simple shyness – he broke down barriers- his infectious tunes blew up the charts … this was all after several unsuccessful attempts. The same ears that suddenly loved him, earlier in his career had rejected him. BUT… He never gave up on his dream- he had a story to tell and he was going to make sure we listened – Isn’t that a great mentoring legacy? Isn’t that life well lived. Thank you Prince for all your royal greatness… Nothing compares to you
Leave a Reply
- Patti Austin at Boston Children’s Hospital May 26, 2017
- Celebrating Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation’s 25th Anniversary December 1, 2016
- Thinking About Prince April 24, 2016
- Music Mentors This one’s For you Chris Whitley February 12, 2016
- The Art of Mentoring = Mentorology February 11, 2016
- Goal Setting & Mentorship January 25, 2016
- Patti Gets Mentored by Cumar January 19, 2016
- Over My Shoulder Co-Founder Grammy Award Winner Patti Austin singing our mentoring song Over My Shoulder in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King January 19, 2016
- Morning Glory January 19, 2016
- The Power of a Mentor January 13, 2016
Over My Shoulder Foundation shares stories that provoke thought, empathy & injects a mentoring spirit. Jon Butcher continuously comes to our..
A weekend of reflection, where history comes alive. A weekend meant to pause & respect the sacrifice… remembering that freedom is not free…..
The power of Women- Patti Austin Music is always on a mentoring mission http://www.columbian.com/news/2018/may/25/vancouver-wine-jazz-festival-power-of-women/..
Be a mentor- find a mentor- weave mentoring into your life… It feels great! Celebrate inclusion & build strong teams! #mentor #leadership #Inspire..