Is this what it sounds like when doves cry? A true artist who changed the face of music: brilliant story teller…wild chance taker -refused to worrying about what “others” thought- His music was great because he did as he pleased… did not compromise to “fit-in” he became iconic because he was genius and adored for his charming frenzy & simple shyness – he broke down barriers- his infectious tunes blew up the charts … this was all after several unsuccessful attempts. The same ears that suddenly loved him, earlier in his career had rejected him. BUT… He never gave up on his dream- he had a story to tell and he was going to make sure we listened – Isn’t that a great mentoring legacy? Isn’t that life well lived. Thank you Prince for all your royal greatness… Nothing compares to you
Leave a Reply
- Patti Austin at Boston Children’s Hospital May 26, 2017
- Celebrating Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation’s 25th Anniversary December 1, 2016
- Thinking About Prince April 24, 2016
- Music Mentors This one’s For you Chris Whitley February 12, 2016
- The Art of Mentoring = Mentorology February 11, 2016
- Goal Setting & Mentorship January 25, 2016
- Patti Gets Mentored by Cumar January 19, 2016
- Over My Shoulder Co-Founder Grammy Award Winner Patti Austin singing our mentoring song Over My Shoulder in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King January 19, 2016
- Morning Glory January 19, 2016
- The Power of a Mentor January 13, 2016
Mentoring magic with GRLZradio.org
I’m launching my children’s initiative for Anti Bullying month, with workshops at The Grammy Museum in Los Angeles, and with various youth..
Has your life been touched by the opioid crisis? 60 Minutes & Washington Post sheds some light & helps answer the painful question… survivors..
HuffPost is letting us be a contributor- More opportunity to share stories about the power of mentoring- very exciting for our team & Patti Austin..